Are you into CrossFit or rock climbing? Or maybe you just want to perform better in your 5-kilometer runs? Consider using CBD and you just might meet your fitness goals better. A powerful anti-inflammatory with lots of therapeutic benefits, CBD can help every kind of athlete. CBD or cannabidiol is one of the many cannabinoids found in hemp and cannabis plants. Because most of the CBD in the market today is made from industrial hemp, users will not get high. So how can it help you? Learn more about the six ways that it can out below.
- CBD Reduces Inflammation: Inflammation is very common issue among athletes as it greatly hinder them from getting back in shape after an especially strenuous fitness activity. CBD is teeming with anti-inflammatory properties for shorter recovery times. It is found to be more effective than turmeric and fish oil in lowering exercise-induced inflammation responses. This way, you can easily get back up fully recovered and running faster in no time.
- CBD Provides Pain Relief: Aside from reducing inflammation, CBD has also shown to be very effective in fighting pain – even those that are chronic. Instead of reaching for an ibuprofen or any NSAID to give you relief from your aches and pains, CBD can be your all-natural go-to alternative. It is safe to use during competitions and does not cause hypothermia during endurance activities.
- CBD Reduces Stress: Whether you have jitters before the race, need help focusing on your workout, or just stressed after a long day at work, CBD can help you reduce stress and anxiety. In fact, some have ditched their prescription medication in favor of this safer alternative. CBD has proven to be effective without the potentially damaging side effects of conventional medicine. It does not require a prescription or doctor visits for dosage changes.
- CBD Gives Better Sleep: Being one of the most important aspects of recovery, athletes can benefit so much from getting enough sleep. However, about 68 percent of American adults struggle with sleep at least once a week. CBD can greatly help with this problem. In fact, improved sleep is usually one of the very first effects people notice when they start to use CBD.
- CBD Boosts Energy: The human body has an endocannabinoid system that helps regulate bodily functions. It is designed to receive cannabinoids and the CBD indirectly interacts with this system, working like an adaptogen. CBD can help you become more alert and focused when you need, and calm your mild to give you a restful sleep. It is important to experiment with doses to figure out what gives you the best results. If you find yourself having a hard time sleeping at night, perhaps you need to decrease your dose
- CBD Reduces Nausea: Many athletes struggle with nausea and other gastrointestinal issues, which can be a huge hindrance in performing races and other fitness activities. CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system in the body to help with stomach issues, and in the serotonin receptors to aid in reducing nausea.
If you are new to CBD and its uses, it helps to get yourself educated about this therapeutic substance that have been giving numerous health benefits for centuries. Take note that finding the right dosing can be tricky, so you will have to do some trial and error before you find the right dose that works for you. Also, make sure that you consult your healthcare provider if you plan on integrating CBD into your lifestyle, especially if you are taking any other medication to avoid any untoward side effects.